Contemplating selling your home? It might be tempting to put the sign on the lawn and sell it yourself, but before you do, consider these 2015 statistics from the National Association of REALTORS®:
- 87% of buyers purchased their home through a real estate agent or broker.
- 33% of buyers found the home they purchased through a real estate agent.
- Homes for sale by owner sell for an average of $39,000 less than an agent-assisted sale.
Besides helping you receive top dollar, consider some other reasons why you should hire a real estate professional to sell your home:
- A real estate agent or broker can handle negotiations with the buyer on your behalf.
- A real estate agent or broker can help you make informed and reasonable decisions throughout the transaction. You need experience on your side when handling the contract and legal details of selling a property.
- A real estate agent or broker has access to the MLS as well as other marketing strategies tailored specifically for selling a home.
- A listing agent will do all the work for you! Selling your home and moving into a new place can be stressful, and having a professional handle all the work of listing your home on the real estate market is well worth the percentage he/she will make.
Selling a home is not like selling a smaller personal item. A home is an investment, and if marketed and sold properly, can give you the maximum return.
Paul Herbert can list your home for you and get the job done properly. Contact him by phone today at 680-3333.