Few pleasures beat riding horseback through the colorful canyons of Southern Utah from one's own backyard. But with the frenzied growth of Washington County, it's getting more difficult to find horse property in close proximity to St. George. Much of the property in the city boundaries used to be agricultural but has long since been developed. If you don't mind towing your horses out to the trail - and with a little luck - you may still find existing horse property in Bloomington, Little Valley, Ivins, Santa Clara, or Washington.
Otherwise, the outlying areas of Washington County provide some great options for homeowners desiring acreage. The following are some cities/subdivisions to consider if you are searching for the perfect horse property in Washington County:
- Dammeron Valley/Diamond Valley - Located 12 miles north of St. George, lots in Dammeron Valley and Diamond Valley are approximately one acre or more and provide easy access to scenic trailheads.
- Winchester Hills - This community runs parallel to beautiful Snow Canyon State Park along highway 18 and is surrounded by protected land - perfect riding grounds for trail enthusiasts.
- Apple Valley
- Brookside/Central/Pine Valley
- Leeds - Beautiful mountain views on the southeastern side of Pine Valley Mountain, situated right along I-15.
- New Harmony
- Enterprise - Great farmland north in the county flanked by Dixie National Forest.