When you decide to sell your home, it's ideal to get top dollar. But how does your home appear to potential buyers who are seeing it for the first time? Before you list it, consider tackling these simple home improvement projects to really showcase your home:
- Curb appeal - Clean up the outside of your home. This is a buyer's first impression, and you want it to be a good one by having the yard looking fresh and inviting. Plant flowers and add outdoor furniture to highlight any usable space.
- Hardwood floors - Old carpet is a turn-off for potential buyers. Replacing the floors pack a lot of value.
- Fix windows and doors - Eliminate squeaky hinges or swap out broken hardware. Repair any broken windows.
- Paint and clean walls - Neutral wall colors make a home feel larger and appeal to a broader range of buyers. New paint lends a clean, fresh feel.
- Clean cabinets - Declutter and wipe down all the cabinet faces.
- Update lighting and hardware - Old lighting and hardware really make a home feel dated.
While these projects are not major, spending a little bit of money to give new life to your home will help you gain the maximum return when it sells. Good luck!