Often, people dream for years about retirement and the types of activities they'll finally have the time to indulge in - and that dream also comes with a glorious piece of real estate. St. George is a great place for retirees to put down roots.
Before settling on a retirement property, consider these five points:
1) Long-term goals. Sit down and think about what is most important to you during these years.
2) Location. Are you close to relatives and/or friends? Will you have easy access to places and things you enjoy? Do you want to live in a warmer climate?
3) Cost of living. Is it going to be financially feasible to live in the location you choose? (St. George was recently named the #1 most affordable place to retire in the nation!) Buy less than you can afford - you never know what the future will bring.
4) Type of home/community. Do you prefer a low-maintenance condo that includes amenities or a single-family home on your own stretch of land?
5) Wheelchair accessibility. Wider halls/doorways, a step-in shower, and single-level floor plans are all features that would make day-to-day living much easier for wheelchair and walker use.
Retirement is an exciting time in life, a time to enjoy what you've worked your whole life for. I would love to help you find your dream retirement home here in Washington County. Call me today at 680-3333!